Monday, August 14, 2017

SWEET SAN DIEGO: PART ONE

You guys. I take too many pictures. It's now to the point where I have to split our vacation posts into smaller portions because I'm afraid of inundating you with photos. Last year, I posted 70 pictures from our California trip. This year, it's more than twice that. But - to be fair - we DID do more this year than we have in the past, including a day-long trip to SeaWorld (which will have it's entirely own post in the near future). Seven days well spent in San Diego with my family (and the mr.'s baby sister, of course).

MONDAY: DAY ONE
left home at 5 am and headed west San Diego
stopped at In-N-Out for lunch because Cali...
quick stop at my parents' rental house to ditch our stuff
drove 2 miles to Point Loma tide pools - CLOSED
headed a few miles down the I-8 to Coronado Island
found a park right next to the water
played in the surf, sand, and playground
made it home in time for mac & cheese diner
evening trip to the store with the mr.'s sister for glass bottle sodas
card games for the mr., the mr.'s sister, and myself

TUESDAY: DAY TWO
woke up at 7 and ate cereal for breakfast
made lunch, slathered on sunscreen, and loaded the cars
2.5 mile drive to Mission Bay
found side-by-side parking in the main lot
hit up Belmont Park for about an hour
rode all the rides - mr.'s sister's first roller coaster experience
ate lunch at a park next to the beach
played at Mission Beach for a few hours
drove home and had chips & hotdogs for dinner
card games for the mr., the mr.'s sister, and myself

WEDNESDAY: DAY THREE
woke up at 7 and ate yogurt & granola for breakfast
made lunch, slathered on sunscreen, and loaded the cars
drove 11 miles (gasp!) to La Jolla Cove
found side-by-side parking and trekked a mile up shore
FOUND HARBOR SEALS AND CALIFORNIA SEA LIONS!!!
basically died because of the awful smell
trekked back to the car for food
 ate picnic lunch next to the ocean
drove 2 miles north to La Jolla Beach - PACKED
called it a wash and went to Point Loma tide pools
found limpets, chitons, kelp crabs, & anemones
checked out the Cabrillo National Monument
went inside Point Loma's old lighthouse
returned home and made personal pizzas for dinner
card games for the mr., the mr.'s sister, my parents, and myself
If you made it through all of that, you are an amazing person. It's difficult to narrow down images, not to mention my blog is a visual journal of all that I've done. I could cut out images, but then I'd be cutting out memories. #noregrets

1 comment: