Wednesday, January 2, 2019

SNOW DAY

Every year, I take the kids to see snow. And every year, our experience is quite a bit different. This year was no exception. I decided to go up north on December 27th and kept a sharp eye on weather conditions for the Rim. My cousin/friend and her daughter were happy to join us for the adventure. With not much snow on the ground and little in the forecast, we set off that morning not knowing what we'd find. We hit Payson, Pine, and Strawberry and saw ZERO evidence of snow. Once we ascended the Rim, there was only a sparse amount on the rocks off to the side of the highway. But nothing like I had hoped for. We passed my favorite spot, Forest Road 300 (also known as Old Rim Road). Nada. We continued on to Happy Jack. I decided to take Forest Road 95 - which meets up with Rim Road - since I know the latter well. We eventually found some snow several miles in. The kids played for a couple of hours, making snow angels, sledding down hills, and having snowball fights before we decided to pack up and head home. By that point, snow had started falling and was accumulating on the road, so it was time to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment