Monday, September 2, 2019

HIGHEST PEAK

For years, I have wanted to hike to the top of Humphrey's Peak. Yesterday I finally got to check it off of my bucket list with three of my amazing trail running friends. While the trail post showed the summit as being a 4.8 mile one way hike to the top, our smart watches calculated it being somewhere closer to 5.8 miles. We hiked a total of about 12 miles in just over 8 hours. It was hard and beautiful and exhausting and gratifying. He had some high highs and some low lows. We sang, we danced, we ran. And we most definitely poured a bit of blood, sweat, and tears into the hike. We made friends with strangers and gave them affectionate names like Tacos. We annoyed the hell out of people with our obnoxious demeanors and Disney music. And we freaking climbed to the HIGHEST POINT IN ARIZONA. I would do it all over again with these awesome people! Just not any time soon. TEAM PIZZA!

No comments:

Post a Comment