Saturday, June 18, 2022

MOTHER'S DAY GIFTS: THE OLDEST

For Mother's Day, my kids gifted me with different experiences to do one-on-one. When I saw that my oldest wanted to go paddle boarding together, I saw an opportunity to go on an adventure that I had been wanting to do for a couple of years: paddle boarding Lake Powell into Antelope Canyon. The mr. and I did this for our 10th anniversary, but we were novices and had zero idea what we were doing (nor did we make it all the way through the canyon to dry ground). Now that I've been on nearly 100 paddles, I figured this adventure would be easy peasy. AND I had a 13 year old up for the challenge. Needless to say, we got a little in over our heads with the wind and the wakes. But WE DID IT! And we lived to tell the tale. After a solid night's sleep, we took advantage of the location and hiked Lower Antelope Canyon before hitting Horseshoe Bend on our drive home. So many memories in such a short period of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment