Monday, May 22, 2023

DISNEY CHAPERONE - CHOIR

At the end of March, I had the opportunity to travel to Disneyland with my oldest on a jr high choir field trip. To say that our experience was eventful is an understatement. Our trip began with discovering that the travel agency used in booking the trip had made errors in money management, so a friend and I (both well-versed in Disney) immediately set to work finding a solution for the group. Then, to the utter and complete shock of us all... our charter bus hit a semi truck while driving full speed on the interstate. AMAZINGLY, no one was injured. But it did take us 2 hours to get off the bus and created a 5 hour delay in arriving in Anaheim. My group of boys (which didn't even include my own son as he had been asked to switch buses at the start of the trip) entertained themselves at Chipotle and Five Below in Indio while waiting for our backup charter bus. Once IN Anaheim, things ran relatively smoothly. We had two full days in Disneyland and California Adventure - with a brief pause for classes through Disney's Imagination Campus. I buddied up with my good friend, Kim, and, in two days, we rode over 30 rides, walked 28 miles, and ate a million snacks. At one point, we combined with a THIRD group and had a Super Group of 20 people. It was seriously such a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment