Saturday, February 16, 2013

RUN

Today I ran six miles. I have gone further. I have gone faster. But today's run was a little different.
Today I ran side by side with one of my dearest friends, Amy.
A little over two years ago, Amy lost her first baby. Baby Ella. Amy's little ladybug. A few week after Ella passed away, I participated in my very first run. Ethan's Run, for babies born with heart defects. Ella was a heart baby. So I did the one mile Fun Run in her honor. Side by side with Amy. That day I told myself I would one day run the 10k. For little Ladybug. And for her mama. 
Today was the day that I fulfilled that unspoken promise. Today I ran a 10k for Ella.
I started running in September. I couldn't even run a mile without having to slow to a walk. But I knew this February was when I would run for Ella. So I pushed myself with that goal in mind. By the end of September, I was able to run a full mile. Last weekend, I ran fifteen miles without pause. 0 - 15 in under six months. All because of a sweet little Ladybug, who I didn't get the opportunity to meet.
I think of her every time I run.

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet- I love this. You two are both such awesome girls, what a cool event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running next year...whether it is offical or not. I felt so lazy watching my kids play at the park.

    ReplyDelete