Monday, February 25, 2013

RUN MORE

If you missed it, which ya'll probably did, I run. I run a lot. It's a goal. And a passion. And maybe an obsession. I've gotten so carried away with the sport that I have been entertaining the idea of running a Ragnar. Don't know what a Ragnar is? It is a relay race. Consisting of 12 teammates. And 200 miles. Yup. I am just that crazy. Funny thing is, I received a text from a friend last Tuesday. A friend of said friend had a runner drop out of their Ragnar team at the last minute and they needed a replacement. I immediately got butterflies in my stomach. I tried to think of everything I would need to do to make it happen. The race was just 3 days later. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized it would be an insane attempt. I was not worried about the race itself, just everything else. Who would watch my kids on Friday when the race started? The mr. couldn't take off on such short notice, so we would need a sitter. To watch four kids. Four CRAZY kids. Nene had a dr. appointment on Friday morning (or so I thought... that was an awkward visit). Who would take her? I had already committed to a race on Saturday. One that another friend was helping to host. Wouldn't that be unfair to her? And I had the Phoenix Half Marathon the next weekend. What if I got injured during the Ragnar and couldn't complete the Half? So I said no. And for the first time in a long time, I felt a twinge of regret. Friday morning dawned. And I was a little sad I wasn't out there running with the best of them. But I will have my opportunity next year. Besides, I got to support my friend's 5k race. I was the second female to cross the finish line with an overall time of 25:39. Not a PR, but good enough. Let's just pretend there were hundreds of runners and not just 28...
Jess, yes. I colored the value boxes in. Because I am a dork. 
2 of 12 races in my quest for one race a month for a year. My 3rd race will be this upcoming weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment