Tuesday, September 23, 2014

365: WEEK 38

We have been busy busy this past week. Preschool means that our mornings are FULL; I wouldn't have it any other way. Everything just flows until right after nap time, when the mr. gets home from work for the day. Then, we play. My favorite image of the week: September 19th - Read Me A Story. This guy loves his daddy. Understatement of the year. He LOVES him. Is basically attached to him. Their relationship is adorable.
PaleontologistsDinosaur Museum | Read Me A StoryCousin's Birthday TreatSelf PerceptionFearless JumperZoo Trip
Let me give you a little bit of a backstory to 'Self Perception'. At church on Sunday, the new Stake Young Women's Presidency introduced themselves to our YW in such a way that led to a lot of introspection. A LOT. I spent the hour following church examining myself, looking at characteristics and qualities that I possess. It was a bittersweet process. That smile quickly faded and was replaced by tears. I know that I am courageous, stubborn, and strong. That I am intelligent, obnoxious, and creative. Outgoing, sensitive, and impatient. What was painful was realizing that I have never thought of myself as a beautiful person, especially in regards to my physical appearance. I know that I am not hideous or anything. Obviously others have seen beauty in me. It's just not something I have ever seen in myself. Like I said, it was a bittersweet process. Examining how you feel about yourself is tough and rewarding, all at the same time.
- end awkward post -

1 comment: