Thursday, September 25, 2014

READ IT

A few weeks ago, I completed another of my '30 before Thirty' goals: read 30 new books. It took about 20 months to tackle, which was longer than I had anticipated. But, you know. Kids. There were books I loved. There were books I hated. Some were read in 2 days. Some were read in 2 months. Science Fiction. Autobiographies. Thrillers. Romance. Religious. Classics. And everything in between. I read books that I had long hoped to read. I read books that I had never heard of.  It was lovely. And guess what. I'm not done. This goal reignited my passion for literature, so you'll likely find me with my nose stuck in a book. In alphabetical order, here are the books that I read (with links to each on Amazon):







If you made me pick ONE right this second to call my favorite, I would have to say Little Bee. I love Dean Karnazes. I love Ellen DeGeneres. I love Gillian Flynn. But Little Bee has stayed with me in a way that none of the others have. Maybe it's the way that it's written. Maybe it's the tie to Africa. Either way, it reached deep and left a lasting impression. 

1 comment:

  1. 30 book suggestions...oh, how this list makes me giddy! Little Bee sounds like a great one for me to start with. :)

    ReplyDelete