Tuesday, August 23, 2016

365.2: WEEK 33

For the first time since the beginning of the year, I have missed a day. I did not touch my camera. I did not capture a moment. I did not take one single photo. Thursday was hard. As I normally do, I began the day by checking my email. I hadn't even greeted the littles for the day, business as usual. I had one email in my professional account; an email from a client of five and a half years. I've been capturing them since their daughter was 3 months old. Oh how I love that little family. I hadn't seen them since the first of the year, when I photographed their long awaited newborn baby boy. Expecting a request for a fall session, I stopped dead in my tracks when I read the message. Their sweet baby boy had passed away unexpectedly the week before. SIDS. Taken shortly after turning 6 months old. I broke down. It was an all-around awful day. One where I didn't care to photograph our comings and goings. So instead, I am sharing an image from his newborn session. He was a precious little guy and will be missed by so many.
Outside of this devastating loss, our week has been relatively normal. Abandoned naps. Breathing treatments. Missing teeth. Bittersweet reflections. Playful waterfalls. Donut runs. Little bookworms.
August 15th - August 21st

No comments:

Post a Comment