Thursday, July 13, 2017

SO LONG, FAREWELL

I've been avoiding this post. Because writing this post and publishing these pictures means that we really did say goodbye.

A couple of years ago, one of my dearest, sweetest friends (of 18 years) moved from Virginia back home to Arizona. And I was elated. Not only did she move back, she moved two short miles away from me. But I knew from the get-go that her family was hoping to return to Virginia when her husband finished law school. Something that, at the time, felt eons away. Guess what. Time went by faster than I could have ever anticipated. So here I sit, remembering all of the wonderful things that we've done together over the last couple of years. And missing her oh so much, yet grateful for all of the precious memories that I have because of her friendship.

Two days before their family hit the road and headed off on their new adventure, we made one last [early] morning visit (with a couple of boxes of donuts in hand). We spent the morning eating donuts, playing out back, and savoring our last few moments together. The most bittersweet part about this whole thing is that we know they'll be back to visit, we just don't know when. Watching good friends move far away never gets any easier.

2 comments: