Wednesday, February 21, 2018

LOVE DAY

Sometimes I get so desperate for a photo of the day that I do something ridiculously spontaneous and fun, like make sugar cookies. The day before Valentine's Day was one such day. I came up with the idea of making cookies after picking my kids up from school and immediately set to work when we arrived home. I found a recipe on Pinterest and, luckily, I had all of the ingredients on hand. Once the dough was made, my heart dropped; I was suppose to let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. I did not have that kind of time or daylight (because pictures), so into the freezer the dough went. 15 minutes later, I was cutting out hearts and putting cookies into the oven. The kids had a blast frosting the cookies and adding a plethora of sprinkles. Because it ended up being such a fun activity, I may or may not make sugar cookies more often for holidays. On Valentine's Day, we brought a plate full of our cookies to the park and met up with some dear friends. It was a blast, despite the rain. On the way home from the park, I brought the kids to this purple wall (in a public parking lot) and acted like an idiot until they were all laughing for pictures. Normally, I'd fuss over the rain-streaked wall or the raindrops on their clothes, but this was our day. This is what I wanted to capture - real memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment