Tuesday, January 14, 2020

SNOW WHAT?

After last year's experience, I vowed that I was taking a year off from any snowy adventures. I just didn't think my anxiety could handle the stress of it - even if nothing went wrong. I ran the idea past my kids and they were all okay with skipping a snow trip this winter, too. But on the last day of winter break, I did a 180. I decided to attempt it. I knew that if I had a destination in mind and someone there with me, I'd be okay. So I reached out to the Merkley family in Happy Jack - the same couple that was there to help rescue us during our botched experience last year - and away we went. I did surprisingly well, even when the snowy patches gave way to feet-deep snow on the top of the Rim. It wasn't until I was trying to back into the Merkleys' icy driveway in Happy Jack that anxiety hit. My tires started to spin and slip on the ice as the car jolted sideways on the road. NOPE. I never wish to experience that sensation again, thank you. I parked the car in the safety of the road instead. We bundled up and hit the slopes for a few hours before enjoying a picnic lunch inside. After eating and visiting with the Merkley for a bit, we headed home. Safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment