Friday, June 12, 2020

13 YEARS

I was committed to not posting any new content last week while I took the time to listen, to educate myself, and to amplify voices of those around me. As such, I missed posting about our anniversary. Thirteen years. THIRTEEN. In the words of my husband, our marriage is now the age of a teenager. Our relationship is, undoubtedly, not where we necessarily expected it to be thirteen years ago. Our situation has changed in ways that neither of us anticipated. But, because of that, our relationship is stronger as a result. We've learned a deeper understanding of communication, of respect, and of support. We've grown together, even when differences could have driven us apart. But our love for one another is more than that; our love is enduring and kind. I don't believe that I could have been blessed with a better companion in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment