Wednesday, December 16, 2020

35

So this is 35. 

My 35th year honestly feels like it has been one of the most defining thus far in my life. I've traveled far, I've accomplished much, and I've found my voice. 

I've seen some incredible highs this last year, such as running another marathon with my best friend and traveling to Kenya with my oldest daughter. But I've also experienced some painful lows, such as spending months away from my parents and grieving the death of an old friend.

I've laughed. I've cried. I've protested. I've cheered. I've smiled. I've screamed. I've done so much and I've felt so deep.

I'm not sure what my 36th trip around the sun will bring, but I am grateful to be where I am - surrounded by people who love me and accept me for ME. My circle is smaller than it once was, but my heart is more full because of the connection I have to those I keep close. Thank you, beautiful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment