Saturday, December 12, 2020

CATCH UP

2020 has been harder than hell in many respects, but one thing this year brought was a long list of running accomplishments. This was the year that I completed my goal of running one race a month all year (plus a few extra!). 15 races. 18 medals (15 from races, two series finisher medals, and one 1st place medal). I’ve run 99.75 race miles. I’ve run 500+ training miles. Races this year include: 1 marathon. 2 half marathons. 3 obscure race distances (6.33 mi, 5.66 mi, & 4.2 mi). And 9 5k races. I’ve run sub-8s again and I’ve run over 26 consecutive miles nonstop. I’ve run in temperatures over 100° and in temperatures below 32°. I’ve racked up over 11,000ft in elevation gain, but I’ve also experienced running lows. And throughout a vast majority of these experiences, I’ve had my best friend by my side.

We WERE suppose to be training for our first ultramarathon, but that will have to wait because... well... everything’s still cancelled. But through it all, I’ll continue to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment