Saturday, February 11, 2023

BIRTHDAYS AND BAPTISM

Last month, we had two birthdays and a baptism in our family. After my second youngest's baptism last year, I knew that I wanted things to be different for my littlest little. Luckily, a change to a new neighborhood and ward PLUS having two boys needing to be ordained around the same time helped facilitate the changes I was hoping to see. Our youngest was baptised on her birthday, surrounded by so, so many family members and friends. It was perfect - simple and sweet, yet memorable. One of the moments I will always carry with me from that day was being able to sing The Olive Tree with most of the mr.'s siblings (while the mr. accompanied on piano). My best friends surprised me by singing that same song at my baptism 20 years ago, so it was extra tender to sing it for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment