Saturday, February 11, 2023

WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY

At the end of last summer, I became a Disney travel agent with Castle Bound Travel Co (I posted about it HERE). I applied for the position with the thought, "I am just putting this out into the universe to see what the universe has in store with me" and I was honestly shocked when I received notice that I was being hired! My entire approach with this new undertaking has been along the same line; I'll put myself out there and see what comes back to me. It was, again, with this attitude that I opted to attend the 2023 annual Castle Bound Travel Co travel agent retreat in Florida... And what an INCREDIBLE experience I had! I asked a sweet friend to join me on the trip and it was nonstop smiles and laughter for the both of us. We crammed so much into 5 days, but the highlights include:

staying at Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter ● gluten free beignets from Scat Cat's! ● riding the ferry to Disney Springs ● fish and chips from Cookes of Dublin ● getting treats from Erin McKenna's Bakery (that I never ate because housekeeping accidentally threw them away) ● scanning magic bands and walking into the parks the first time (Hollywood Studios) ● walking right onto Mickey's Runaway Railway ● Toy Story Land and Slinky Dog Dash ● Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster ● Tower of Terror ● last minute reservation for a new-to-me restaurant, Mama Melrose's ● finding Kermit the frog ● spontaneous decision to hop to Animal Kingdom for Expedition Everest ● last minute reservation to Nomad Lounge and getting gluten free churros! ● riding Rise of the Resistance before dashing out of the parks ● dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe with my Castle Bound team and mentors ● giant ice tea ● being put in "jail" during dinner ● our server, Lisa, who was incredibly hilarious ● going to Beaches & Cream after dinner and ordering the Kitchen Sink ● staying at the beautiful Disney's Beach Club ● our retreat conference - just... all of it! ● unexpectedly winning the Social Butterfly award ● meeting up with my friend after lunch with my team ● the Magic Kingdom castle ● buying cute, little girl Minnie Mouse socks for my poor blistered feet ● catching the fireworks show right before dinner ● eating cheese bread and chicken at Jungle Navigation Co. ● walking from our resort next-door to Epcot ● finding a chalk artist with my name! ● THE NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY RIDE! ● doing a small group workshop for social media growth ● my exclusive cocktail hour with the company owner (for being one of the award winners) ● our company doing a dessert party for the Harmonious show ● hitting the last few rides at Magic Kingdom ● last minute reservation for lunch at the Plaza Restaurant ● ending the trip on Haunted Mansion

No comments:

Post a Comment