Wednesday, November 14, 2012

RELAXATION

I don't even know what this word means, so how can I talk about it?!

I am in my hotel room in Michigan. Lights are off. Baby is sleeping. Yet I still feel the need to go 100 miles per minute. I really can't shut this part of my personality off. Ever. I have a photo board to arrange for the funeral. I have a million blog posts that need to be written. I have a camera that needs to capture everything in this tiny town. I have to shop. I have to organize. I have to go, go, go, go. I have just as many events as obligations ON VACATION that I would otherwise have if I were at home. Though I am here for my grandfather's funeral, I plan to made use of the extra time back East to visit with people I haven't seen in ages. A sweet friend and an awesome uncle. Every day will be full of doing this or that. And I wouldn't have it any other way. So even though I should use this time away from [most of] my kids to relax and unwind, I probably won't. Let's be honest. Relaxation is not a word in my vocabulary. The closest thing to it that I know is laziness. And I refuse to be lazy.

As tempting as it is to just sit for a minute in this dark room, the baby is stirring and this tiny town is calling my name...

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up! i love that you're OCD. i have all the thoughts in my brain, and I can't relax either... but it's not always the case that i get up to do them.... :)

    ReplyDelete