Sunday, January 7, 2018

PARK PLAY

My first set of 365 photos will be up soon, but I have one more event to post about from 2017. Pioneer Park. I remember going to this park when I was a little girl, but eventually its reputation sort of killed it. For everyone. Recently, though, it has undergone some massive renovations in order to attract more positive attention. We had the opportunity to meet up with some out-of-state friends last week at Pioneer Park to check out the changes for ourselves. Honestly? I'm on the fence. It's GORGEOUS. And it definitely has some innovative play equipment. BUT - and it's a big one - the layout is less than ideal. With six kids, I have a hard time frequenting parks that are spread out. And Pioneer Park is very much that way. So I don't know. I'll likely revisit when my older four are in school, so it's just the two youngest to entertain. But all six on my own? Probably not. Park aside, we had a blast visiting with our Texas friends. It feels like we never get enough time with friends who are visiting home for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment