Wednesday, October 17, 2012

CONVICTION

Feeling something to your very bones.

Self-realization: I lack conviction. It is almost November in a presidential election year. Liberals and conservatives are showing just how staunch they are (primarily through political rants on Facebook). And I am over here like, "Hey, I just baked a cake!". I do not have the certitude that others feel. Not only about politics, but about almost everything. It's sad, really. I have always been the one to straddle the fence. To understand differing viewpoints on an issue. To see how every side has merits. This makes it difficult for me to "pick" a side or easily relate with those that have a steadfast opinion about particular subjects. It certainly makes it difficult for me to have conviction. So while the rest of the world gets heated over these important issues, I will be in my kitchen happily baking cakes and cookies. And then I will run a lot to burn off those naughty calories.

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I know I have an opinion, but the sharing it and shoving it and even getting too involved in all the political mess... its just not my thing. I once was practically reamed by my SIL when I admitted that I don't vote. I just don't care enough... {that, and I'm not registered in CA yet, but still...} I hear ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps, remember when you posted about blogilates a few days ago? I'm still sore from Monday.... awesome find! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just like you! I can see both sides, and I lack that fire and passion so many of my friends seem to have. And even if I do feel strongly about something, I don't want to share it on facebook (unless it's something like a moral issue). I think facebook arguments are ridiculous because nobody is going to change someone's opinion that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear, hear, my friend. I think that being educated and knowing and experiencing other cultures really contributes to that! I'm sometimes more sad that the other people can't see any side but their own opinion...

    P.S. This is the first time I have been tempted NOT to vote. And that never happens.

    ReplyDelete