Saturday, January 26, 2013

COLOR RUN

I woke this morning to the sound of rain. And for once in my life, my heart sunk. I love the rain. LOVE it. But today was race day. I would have welcomed running in the rain if it was not January. Or if it was not The Color Run. Be that as it may, the mr. and I (with my friend E in tow) loaded the truck with plenty of extra towels and headed to the race. We parked at ASU and walked to the starting line on the Mill bridge. In the rain. We waited with hundreds of other runners for the starting signal. In the rain. And we completed the 3.2 mile course - with ample time at each color station. In the rain. The rain never stopped. But neither did we. Once we crossed the finish line, we headed to the stage for the after party. FUN stuff. The mr. only participated in the initial color throw, but E and I hung out for a while at the front of the crowd, dancing like fools. It was wonderful.
The pictures below are color chaos. To help you out, I am not in the first one. Starting with the second photo, I am to the right of the guy in the maroon hat (my mr.). I have a bright pink bow in my hair, but by the third picture down, my hair is completely purple.
I was shocked when I saw this last picture. I still had some white...

1 comment:

  1. Looks so fun! I'll have to do it one of these years I think.

    ReplyDelete