Wednesday, January 2, 2013

RESOLUTIONS

Good intentions for the year - that last through about January.

I use to make resolutions. Set goals for the year and worked at achieving them. But last year, as New Year's approached, I said, "forget it". You see, I am the type to ride myself too hard. And to beat myself up when I fall short of my aim. So last year I decided that I would not make specific resolutions outside of one; be better than last year. And I feel that I succeeded. 2012 was a good year. One in which I can be proud. Which is why my 2013 New Year's resolution is the same as last year's; be better than last year. It gives room for error and mistakes, while allowing for progress and growth. If I want to be a little more specific with my resolution, I can apply it to parenting. Be a better mother than last year. Which, of course, is the plan. But I do have other goals for the year. Goals that come from my 30 before THIRTY list. Journal every day for a year. Run 1 race a month for a year. 30 letters of gratitude. And maybe a few more if I get ambitious. If I can accomplish a few things from my list, I am sure to progress as an individual should. So here's to a new year. A new opportunity for personal growth. A new chance to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment