Wednesday, June 25, 2014

COOL

By now, you know I do the whole preschool thing. In fact, there are a handful of you who have access to my schtuff. I love it. Even though building all 42 wks worth of my curriculum material was BEYOND exhausting (not to mention consumed my soul time), it was so so worth it. We have learned. We have experimented. And most importantly, we have had fun. Last week, we talked about color. The older two already knew their basic colors ages ago, so I took it a step further with them and we talked primary, secondary, tertiary, complimentary, and analogous colors. The younger two are still working on red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple - so we stuck there. The absolute hands-down BEST activity ever was ice cube painting. They had so much fun making art with colorful ice. And it was super easy; few drops of food coloring in each compartment of the ice cube tray before (carefully) filling with water, covering the tray with aluminum foil, popping a stick in each compartment, and placing in the freezer overnight. The only down side was that they had to work somewhat quickly before the ice melted too much. Once the ice cubes were sitting in pools of colored water, I just put the aluminum foil back over the tray and placed it in the freezer for another day. Pretty sure I am going to frame and hang some of their work in the toy room. So. Awesome.
IMG_9429.jpgIMG_9438.jpgIMG_9446.jpgIMG_9456.jpgIMG_9461.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Those look awesome! I bet Jake would like this activity. I need to buckle down and plan some stuff for him because we are bored to death.

    ReplyDelete