Wednesday, August 22, 2018

LAKE DAY

A few weeks ago, before the start of school, we found ourself with a free Saturday available. Desperate to get out of the heat, I proposed a day trip to Prescott, which the mr. [shockingly] agreed to. We packed a lunch and hopped into the car with a destination in mind. A fatality on the highway meant that our travel time was longer than anticipated, but we braved the bumper to bumper and made it there with enough time to spend an afternoon by the water. And to my surprise, a life-long friend had had the same idea with her own family, so we coordinated an otherwise unlikely meet-up. Our kids had fun playing in the water together and skipping rocks across the lake (aka throwing rocks AT the lake). It was a simple and carefree afternoon.
Okay, but my heart SOARS with these two images above. I have known this little girl's mama my entire life and have pictures of us playing together at these respective ages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment