Tuesday, August 7, 2018

YAY CAMP

Two weeks ago, I left for girls camp. 3 leaders, 11 girls, 5 days (plus another leader from in our ward in the stake). I can't even begin to describe what an amazing time it was with this group of girls (that and the breakdown of each day was all sorts of crazy), so let me just shout out some key words and share 50 of my favorite pictures.

friends • playing games • singing • stilt walking • cotton candy • laughter • little dipper • Sis. Ray singing • writing ditties • "Meigan laid an egg" • cooperation • teamwork • support • making bracelets • sugar scrub • face masks • pyramids • skits • 9 square • dance party • glow sticks • Mimi in a ska band • crocodiles & rivers • hula hoops • group hugs • crafting • ukuleles • water attack • 4th years • reunited • ward time • campfire • Cat • Heidi • ALL of the popcorn • archery • shooting guns • hatchets • painting • making necklaces • me absolutely sucking at archery • HORNY TOAD • retiring flags • the nature lady • turtle shells • torrential downpour • flooded tent • roasting hotdogs • devil princess pocket fairy • bishopric night • sitting in the rain • "never enough" • lifting others
This is the part where most people say, "I learned so much!" or "My testimony grew so much because of x, y, z..." But that is not why I was there or what my focus was. And that is okay. The main thing is that these eleven girls walked away with not only those thoughts, but also feeling loved and supported by their leaders. It was an AMAZING experience and I am grateful that I was a part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment