Wednesday, September 5, 2012

BALANCE

This one word sums up my life. My aspirations. My struggles. My accomplishments.

Since having had my fourth baby in less than the same number of years, I have been struggling to find a balance to my life. Adjusting to a newborn is not what was difficult for me. It was the fact that I had to continually adjust with her those first few months - so much so that things were never consistent. Now that baby girl is three months old and her demands are lessening, I have been able to get back into a rhythm that suits our family quite nicely. We have a daily routine that we follow loosely, which creates balance in our home. I am able to give a bit myself to each child while still reserving time for myself. And I am realizing that focusing on myself helps to strengthen that sense of balance as I am able to find my center. It has not been easy to find a routine that works so well. Not every day is free of stress or frustration. But as I assess the positives and negatives, each day brings me one step closer to finding that perfect balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment