Sunday, September 9, 2012

WARD FAMILY CAMPOUT

Oh boy. Where to begin? How about we start at the beginning.

Right after snapping the picture for my Friday Photo, we loaded up and headed out. The further we drove, the more excited I became. And then D started crying. Nay, screaming. The mr. and I figured it was the change in pressure, but did not know how to help him. We pulled to the side of the road near Mt. Ord. I grabbed his binkie and his sister's blanket (since we forgot his) to help soothe him. Nothing. He screamed as we drove. 3 miles out from Pine, he FINALLY fell asleep. We reached Camp LoMia and unpacked our things. After getting situated in our cabin, I noticed a handful of wasps hanging out on our porch (the mr. later informed me there were at least two visible nests in the eaves - lovely). I am terrified of wasps, so this is the point where I had a breakdown. Luckily, a neighbor/friend came over and cheered me up. Right as rain. The rest of the evening was spent eating yummy (very unhealthy) food, socializing with ward friends, and enjoying a fun program. D, who had screamed through the majority of the evening, was made happy when his shoes were removed. Instant transformation from tears to giggles. Bedtime was relatively good with the kids. J and L got right into bed without a problem (though they complained about the light until it was off). D hated the pack'n'play and refused to lie down. As a result, he fell asleep sitting up. Poor kid. N nursed a few extra times, but went into her pack'n'play with no fuss. All slept well. Except for me. I did not sleep. At all. But I was able to help J with his blanket in the middle of the night. And nurse N (who woke up laughing) in the early morning. In the morning, we ate a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, hash browns, sausage, and fruit. Once plates were cleared, I took the two oldest on an adventure that consisted of tire swings, bridges, and a hike that nearly killed us. Well, J anyway (it's smart to remember your child has asthma before hiking a mile up a steep hill). When we returned to camp, the boys painted rocks while we did our part with clean-up. All in all, it was fun. Minus a few parts. Everyone survived. And we only had to stop once on the way home to re-buckle a naughty [almost] 3 year old.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha oh ward family camp outs. glad you survived and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a trooper for staying the night with 4 babies. I'm planning on coming home the night of. I need my sleep.

    ReplyDelete